System Engineer/Team Lead
Secure Missions Solutions - A Parsons Company
- Team Lead for 12 network engineers and Information Technology professionals providing Infrastructure and Platform as a Service support to the Air Force Medical community
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration, Operation and maintenance of 250 Windows, Linux and proprietary systems supporting over 2,000 medical analysts
- Ensured that enclave hardware, firmware and operating systems were compliant with NIST and DoD Secure Technical Information Guides and USCYBERCOM orders
- Provided maintenance and sustainment of infrastructure supporting over 40 medical analytics applications utilizing over 400 Terabytes of Air Force Medical Data
- Optimized existing Hitachi Storage Area Network and VMware 5.5 virtualized server environment to enable big data batch processing of structured and unstructured data sets utilizing Aster and Hadoop software frameworks.
- Achieved higher than 95% compliance status for all USCYBERCOM Time Compliance Network Orders and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts across the enclave
- Redesigned and implemented Windows System Update Server to ensure Microsoft Operating Systems and Software were updated with the latest DoD approved security patches according to ACAS scans and Information Assurance Manager guidelines
- Engineered technical solutions and documented network architecture and artifacts for team's 'IA Deep Dive' in order to ensure enclave obtained Approval To Operate (ATO).
- Maintained the security posture utilizing DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) compliancy checks by means of the Operating Systems (OS) STIG (Windows 2003, Windows 2008/2008 R2 and RHEL 5).
- Technical Liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and application products; analyzed potential solutions and recommended $9M in purchases to customer.
- Designed and planned upcoming migration of Production enclave to a more stable data center environment with expected uptime rate increases to 99.99% or better
IT Systems, Senior
Alabama State Dept of Education
- Supervised 6-person User Support Team that provided first line of support for the department users as well as the state's school systems and teachers.
- Virtualized entire server farm using Cisco UCS Blade Center running VMware ESX 5.5 hosts.
- System Administration for 100+ Windows 2008/2012 servers to support the Department needs.
- Installed, configured and managed Microsoft Exchange 2013, multiple SQL Server 2008/2012 Clusters, SharePoint, Active Directory as well as IBM Cognos and IBM FileNet with enChoice.
- Trained Level 1, 2, and 3 technicians to perform their duties through step-by-step documentation and group classes.
- Performed server and security audits on all systems, as well as manage backups, system recoveries, and disaster recovery solutions.
- Implemented VOIP for the department using Microsoft Lync; saved $400,000 annually.
- Communicated with vendors and service providers to select and procure the Department's network, servers, and appliances as well as software licenses.
Network - System Analyst II
Defense Infromation System Agency - Unisys Corp.
- Provided network engineering support for the MHS AHLTA/CHCS II project.
- Installed, configured and maintained monitoring tools using What's Up Gold, NetIQ, and Tivoli; established Standard Operating Procedures to ensure appropriate reporting and troubleshooting per DISA standards and practices guidelines.
- Troubleshot Windows 2000/2003 servers to quickly identify issues and expedite system restoral and to minimize operational impacts to the end users.
- Ensured Windows 2003 and Linux servers met the security posture of DoD security systems guidelines according to the published Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) for the respective operating system.
US Air Force - 42d Communications Squadron
Network Security & Administration
- Installed, configured and maintained base firewalls, routers, and switches.
- System administration duties on Windows NT/2000 Servers and RedHat Linux for the base network services, such as Exchange, DNS, DHCP, and File Sharing Services.
- Maintained the local Systems to ensure servers met the security posture of DoD security systems by completing the Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Provided boundary protection, intrusion prevention, and vulnerability assessments for the entire base network; implemented software updates to improve the network security posture.
Freelance Web Master
I have always created inovate and fresh web presences for a multitude of projects that I have worked on. From business, to charities, to office organizzation pages.
Mezzo Italian Cafe
Innovative responsive HTML5 design for cafe and tavern restaurant that works as well on a mobile device as it does on a laptop or tv.
Fast loading HTML5 page for a popular Kentucky restaurant.
Information Systems Link Pages
Multiple custom intranet pages to distribute links, sports pools, tournament brackets and other information to the team.